South African Airways (SAA) and Mango Airlines yesterday announced plans to rationalise routes in the local market, in a move to optimise aircraft efficiencies. There will be flight changes so anyone who has booked with either airline needs to get in contact with them to rebook tickets.
In a statement on their site, SAA said:
South African Airways Group airlines, South African Airways (SAA) and Mango, its low-cost subsidiary, advises all customers of the announced plans to rationalise their route network for improved efficiencies and optimal aircraft utilisation through a revised airline brand schedule. The rationalisation programme will comprise of flight changes for both SAA and Mango customers.
Both SAA and Mango currently offer 200 return flights per week between Johannesburg and Durban and 278 return flights per week between Johannesburg and Cape Town.
Assistance will be provided to all ticketed passengers holding South African Airway’s Ticket (only) via any SAA Call Centre, City Travel Office or dedicated Travel Agent with the following conditions.
Rebooking Conditions applicable
- Rebook onto another South African Airways flight for a later date at no extra charge and subject to availability of the same booking class.
- Change of cabin will not be permitted
- This policy is applicable to South African Airways flights only, issued on SA (083) ticket stock on or before 12 December 2018 and not on separate tickets of other airlines
- Tickets must be re-issued on or before 31 December 2017
South African Airways Call Centre and City Office Contact details
- Johannesburg Call Centre | 27 (0) 11 978 1111 or 0861 606 606Or visit https://www.flysaa.com/help/customer-support/contact-us
Twitter (customer service): @flysaa_care