Every year the SA culinary world early awaits the results of the prestigious Eat Out Mercedes-Benz Restaurant Awards. On Sunday night their wait was over. On 20 November, the awards were held at The Grand Arena at GrandWest where 20 hopeful nominees discovered where they rank on the prestigious list. Unsurprisingly restaurants in the Western Cape dominated the Top 10 list, firmly maintaining the Cape’s reputation as a great foodie destination.
Before we reveal the top 10 Restaurants, here is a video where the Eat Out judges talk about their experience prior to the awards:
1. The Test Kitchen (Woodstock, Cape Town)
2. La Colombe (Constantia, Cape Town)
3. The Restaurant at Waterkloof (Somerset West)
4. The Tasting Room at Le Quartier Français (Franschhoek)
5. Restaurant Mosaic at The Orient (Elandsfontein, Pretoria)
6. Overture (Stellenbosch)
7. Greenhouse at The Cellars-Hohenort (Constantia, Cape Town)
8. The Kitchen at Maison (Franschhoek)
9. Foliage (Franschhoek)
10. Camphors at Vergelegen (Somerset West)
The Test Kitchen has come out tops once again, and we are not surprised. People wait for months to sample Luke Dale Roberts, creative and experimental dishes. The Test Kitchen is also the only restaurant in Africa that made the Worlds Best Restaurant List this year.
If you are curious about the other nominees in the awards you can see videos of them here.