The body of a woman was found dumped in a wheelie bin outside of a house in Sagwityi Street in Old Crossroads at around 6 AM on Monday morning, 1 August.
The community has been left devastated after waking up to the sound of the whistle signifying that something bad has happened in their community.
The Crush Crime organisation’s Patrick Mwanda said that residents were devastated as this woman’s murder comes at the start of Women’s Month.
The body was discovered by an elderly woman and her grandchildren on their property on Monday morning at around 6am. She was startled by a noise coming from outside of her house and on further investigation, saw a man pushing a wheelie bin onto her property, she grew suspicious and went outside to expect the bin where she found the woman’s body before alerting the community.
The woman is not recognised in the community and no arrests have been made as yet.
- Report Abuse – You are not alone
- If your life is in danger or you know of someone that needs help, please reach out for help
- National GBV Services
- National GBV 24HR emergency line – 0800 428 428
- National GBV (PLEASE CALL ME) – *120*7867#
- Skype address – Helpme GBV
- SMS ‘help’ to 31531
- National Shelter Movement of South Africa
- National 24HR Toll-Free Shelter Helpline – 0800 001 005