Every now and then, one must dedicate an evening to celebrating Cape Town’s insane cocktail scene. Sure, we love a classic, but we’re down to get down with some of the most talented mixologists around — right here in the Mother City.
From glitter to gold leaf and gadgets, we’re gearing up for a deliciously boozy cocktail extravaganza.
Here are ten wondrously unique cocktails to try in Cape Town:
From Fable, Cape Town
- Location: Corner Bree &, Wale St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town
- Website: fablecocktailbar.capetown
1. The Flying Dutchman: fynbos gin, honey, passionfruit, pineapple, carrot, lemon.
2. The Trickster: whisky, white cacao, cranberry, buchu, lemon, smoke.
From Cause|Effect, V&A Waterfront / Camps Bay
- Location: 280 Dock Rd, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town
- Website: causeandeffect.co.za
3. Hot Singleton Spice: Singleton 12-year-old, vermouth, lemon, nutmeg, cinnamon, orange, coffee.
4. Table Mountain: Joseph Barry VS, fynbos bitters, rooibos, mint, citrus, soda.
From Burger&Lobster, Cape Town
- Location: 105 Bree St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town
- Website: burgerandlobster.co.za
5. Lobster Martini: vodka, pineapple juice, passionfruit puree, pomegranate, lime and fluffy stuff, Cinzano Pro Spritz.
6. Bacon and Maple Old Fashioned: Bourbon, bacon, maple syrup, bitters, bacon crisp.
From Grand Pavilion, Sea Point
- Location: 277 Beach Rd, Sea Point, Cape Town
- Website: www.grandpavilion.co.za
7. Bird of Paradise: gin, raspberry liqueur, coconut milk, orange blossom water.
8. Tequila Tiki: tequila, falernum syrup, litchi, pineapple.
From Chinchilla, Camps Bay
- Location: Victoria Rd Shop 120, Second Floor, The Promenade, Camps Bay
- Website: chinchillarooftop.co.za
9. White Peach Fizz: gin, peach syrup, lemon juice, soda. orange vanilla bitters
10. Watermelon Mint G&T: gin, fresh watermelon, ginger, tonic.
Spice things up with these delicious winter-warming cocktails
Picture: S.A.K.U.R.A – Ketel one vodka – Cherry blossom tea – Sparkling water – House naartjie spice bitters – Himalayan salt – Amarena cherry from Cause|Effect.