If you’re keen on shaping up on your culinary skills, or searching for a new experience to dip your fork and knife into, then a cooking course would be perfect for your next adventure!
Grab a buddy, or roll solo as you whip up a storm in the kitchen, and dive into a food journey like no other, right here in the Mother City.
Here are five cooking courses to check out:
The Bo-Kaap Cooking Tour
The Bo-Kaap Cooking Tour will take you on a voyage into good food and rich culture. In the cooking class, guests will discover the secrets of mixing masala, making dhaltjies (chilli bites), preparing and folding samoosas, making and frying rotis and learning the traditional way to cook a mouth-watering Cape Malay curry while being entertained with local recipes and fascinating stories.
- Cost: From R1210 per person
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- Inclusions: Three and a half hour food tour experience consisting of a walking tour, cooking class, and a sit down traditional lunch. You will also receive a recipe booklet, together with a bag of Zainie’s special masala mix for your first curry meal.
- Location: 46 Rose St, Schotsche Kloof, Cape Town, 8001
- Website: bokaapcookingtour.co.za
Boost your creativity in the kitchen with a cooking experience that’ll fire up your tastebuds. Dive into the A Compass of Indian Cuisine for those who love some heat, Pastas and Sauces for that Italian vibe, or Simply Sushi where you’ll learn the basics of sushi-making – each one unique and hot on the list of courses to try out.
- Cost: Prices vary according to each package (R749 for A Compass of Indian Cuisine)
- Location: 14 W Quay Rd, Waterfront, Cape Town, 8001
- Website: stircrazycooking.co.za
Ginger & Lime
Learn how to prepare simple, delicious food from around the world, with like-minded people who share a passion for food and cooking. Cooking courses like Asian Fusion, Tantalising Thai and Japanese will have your tastebuds soaring around the globe.
- Duration: About 3 ½ hours.
- Location: 2b Ave Disandt, Fresnaye, Cape Town, 8005
- Website: gingerandlime.co.za
Food Jams takes recipes that you’ll really have fun making, giving you all the tools, ingredients, and guidance you need to make a mean dish … add in friends, fun, and music, and you have yourself an experience to remember! Get involved in the pro-cook series or enjoy a virtual cook-off.
- Location: Unit B10, 1st Floor Salt Orchard Precinct, 45 Yew St, Cape Town, 7925
- Website: foodjams.co.za
Originally from Leipzig, Germany, Nadin’s SA career started in 2000 and has worked at some of the top restaurants since then. Who better to show you the tips and tricks! The Top Notch cooking classes provide the real-world knowledge and proven techniques that allow you to not only to have fun, but also become an expert in the kitchen.
- Location: 51 Heerengracht Rd, Bergvliet, Cape Town, 7945
- Website: top-nosh.co.za