Whip out your boardies and bikinis because Cape Town is promising residents a peach of a day, with temperatures reaching 28 degrees and in some parts of Western Cape it is expected to exceed the 30s, and winds at just 10 kilometres.
Ditch your couch for a fun-filled day in the beautiful Mother City. Stumped for ideas? Here are 5 ways you can make your Sunday epic.
1. Beat the heat with an early start: Pipe Track trail continues to be a local favourite with views stretching from Table Mountain to the ocean – 360 degree bliss. Place yourself between land and sea as you walk along the main trail, a manageable walk for all fitness levels. Keen to push yourself to greater heights? Find your nearest fork in the path and look up. Kasteelsoort promises breathtaking views, dams, flora, waterfalls, and stiff hamstrings.
2. A dip in Dalebrook’s tidal pool: Hanging out between Kalk Bay and St James lies the easily missed and ridiculously underrated Dalebrook tidal pool. A little warmer than the ocean, yet equally as invigorating, this charming oasis is a hidden gem well worth visiting. Clear waters enclosed by salty rocks have created a miniature aquarium perfect for exploring. Soaked enough sun? Stroll barefoot to Satori for a street-side pizza and incredible people-watching to end off the ideal beach day.
3. A Sunday stroll, but elevated: Sea Point couldn’t be more on point when buzzing around on an electric scooter. Head down to the promenade where Electrek has your wheels waiting. First date, family affair, or lone rider, these nifty devices are available for hire at Sunset Beach, opposite the bus stop.
4. Pack an empty picnic basket? Head down to the buzzing Oranjezicht market, nestled between Haul road and Granger Bay boulevard, were you’ll be greeted with a bounty of deliciousness. Pick and chose between fresh produce and delectable local creations from vendors to curate a packed lunch of dreams. Your favourite viewpoint awaits thereafter.
5. Cocktails in Camps Bay: the time for binge-watching series and and failed attempts at meditating are over. Dust off your lipstick, shave your beard and hit up Victoria road in Camps Bay for a juicy selection of bars and bites that will set you up for the night out you’ve been longing for. Tucked in the clouds, on the second floor of The Promenade building, you’ll find Chinchilla, a luxurious rooftop cafe and bar that’s always serving up sensational cocktails and a vibe.