If we’re being honest, we’ve all taken a bathroom selfie at some point in our lives. However, bathrooms aren’t always the best backgrounds, aesthetically speaking. If you’re committed to the bathroom photoshoot, why not try out one of the world’s top Instagrammed bathrooms from right here in Cape Town?
There are over 1.6 million Instagram images under the #bathroomselfie tag, which suggests this particular image type is pretty popular. Mira Showers investigated the top 5 bathroom-related Instagram hashtags (#bathroomgoals, #bathroomview, #bathtubgoals, #bathgoals, #hotelbathroom) to identify the hotel locations that appeared the most and Cape Town’s very own Silo Hotel ranked in the top 10.
“No trip to Cape Town would be complete without a snap of the iconic Table Mountain and at The Silo Hotel, you can capture a great one from the comfort of your bath,” writes Miro Showers. “Built in a converted 1920s grain elevator and above the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art, the hotel’s interior really taps into Cape Town’s creative culture. Staying here in peak season will cost you £3,367 and with a total average of 728 expected likes for a bathroom shot, you’re paying the equivalent of £4.63 per Instagram Like – that being said, views of Table Bay harbour might just be worth the hefty price tag.”
Other hotels on the list include:
– Conrad Maldives, Rangali Island, Maldives
– Punta Traga Hotel, Capri, Italy
– Six Senses Zil Pasyon, Felicite Seychelles
– Shangri-La Hotel at the Shard, London, UK
– The Peninsula, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
– Southern Ocean Lodge, Kangaroo Island, Australia
– Zannierre Hotels, Sonop, Namibia
– The Udaya Resorts and Spa, Bali, Indonesia
– The Old Piggery at Windout Farm, Devon, UK
Picture: Instagram / The Silo Hotel