After a two-year hiatus, the popular Pinotage & Biltong Festival is back and ready to win over the hearts and palates of food and wine enthusiasts. Embrace the proudly South African life by indulging in two of the best loved treats while your tastebuds groove to the beat.
There will be 18 stunning wineries which will offer around 30 Pinotage wines for tasting and for sale, ranging from the traditional red variant to rosé, crisp bubbly dessert wines and even white Pinotage. Each winery will have one wine paired with a different biltong flavour courtesy of Afrifoods Biltong Factory.
If there’s some room for further indulgence, burgers, pizzas and quick and easy meals might hit the spot. Perdeberg Wines’ restaurant will also be open for festival-goers who would like to enjoy a sit-down meal.
But what about entertainment? Well, that’s sorted out too as Guy Feldman brings his charm and talent with groovy covers from bands such as Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, The Police and so much more!
Prizes will be up for grabs so make sure to rock up with your funkiest purple and white outfit to leave a lasting impression. Think feather boas, top hats, tutus, and anything cool!
In case the weatherman doesn’t play along, there will be a huge Bedouin tent with ample space for everyone, as well as indoor seating inside the building. No pets are allowed.
- Date: Saturday 23 April and Sunday 24 April
- Time: 11am – 4pm
- Cost: Regular Tickets – R300 pp – includes wine glass, all wine and biltong pairings, entrance to the festival, live entertainment, wine and biltong pairing card
- VIP Tickets – R550 pp – includes everything in the Regular Tickets, PLUS a glass of bubbly on arrival, dedicated seating area, cheese platter, dessert
- Dedicated Driver Tickets – R200 pp – includes entrance to the festival, live entertainment, a biltong card and all biltong tastings (No wines, no wine glass – these tickets are for Dedicated Drivers who do not want to taste wine)
- Location: Perdeberg Wines, between Durbanville and Paarl
- Contact: Bjorn van Oort (Festival Organiser) – [email protected] | 084 511 1806
- Purchase your tickets here
- Visit the Facebook page for more information