Aldo Mazzini a leading international luminary in Extra Virgin Olive Oil who is flying in from Italy to lead the SA Olive Awards. Get ready for an exciting full-day EVOO course on the August 31 at the Klein Joostenberg Farm in Muldersvlei, Stellenbosch.
The course, affectionately known as ‘The Colours of Olive Oil’, will be a fascinating and interactive insight into how to choose, taste and appreciate good EVOO. The tasting and scoring of olive oil samples brought from Italy will be included in the course and all tasting equipment will be provided.
Course spaces are limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
About Aldo Mazzini:
- Aldo Mazzini lives in Imperia, Italy.
- He graduated in Business Economics from the University of Genoa and holds a Master Degree in Coaching and Communication with recognition of Richard Bandler’s NLP Society.
- Aldo has been an official member of the ONAOO (National Olive Oil Tasters Association) Panel since 2000.
- He was a two-time winner of the national competition “Taster of the Year” in 2000 and 2001.
- He graduated as Panel Leader at the Florence Chamber of Commerce in 2009 and has been a member of ONAOO’s International Register of Professional Tasters since 2016.
- Aldo carries out business consultancy on olive oil quality (selection of raw materials and blending) for Italian and multinational companies.
- He is a passionate populariser of the olive oil culture, and has held several training courses in the olive oil sector in Italy, the US, Taiwan, Turkey and Israel.
- Over the years he has participated as a judge in many prestigious national and international olive oil competitions.
- Since 2016 he organises the Masters of Olive Oil International Contest in Sanremo, Italy.
- Aldo welcomes opportunities to share the knowledge and appreciation of olive oil with fellow olive lovers.
This is Aldo Mazzini’s first visit to South Africa. Be part of this unique opportunity!
R 1150 non-members
R 950 members