#HighburyHearsYou – we at Cape Town Etc are passionate about getting local restaurants back and booming in business. As part of our #HighburyHearsYou initiative, we’re dishing out the deets on some incredible restaurants in and around town.
The Shop, founded in November 2017 is a small family-owned business based in Seapoint that offers a seasonal menu, supporting small scale farmers by buying fresh ingredients from them.
In October 2019, the restaurant won the Eat Out Best Bistro award, with February 2020 being their best month yet where good business and trade was made, but the restaurant took a massive toll due to COVID-19. It is a whole year later and the restaurant is still fighting daily to remain open.
The restaurant is known for its gourmet dishes delivered by Chef Kyle. Currently, The Shop offers a Covid-19 special of R220 for 2-course meals from 5 pm until 7 pm, continuing into the upcoming cold winter season. Vegan guests are catered for too.
Here is the current menu and boy, is it mouthwatering as you have a read of it:
- Caesar Salad
- Beef Carpaccio, soya eschalote dressing, sunflower seed dukkah, aioli
- Beetroot and goats cheese salad, aubergine, basil and tomato dressing
- Carrot and Mozerella arancini, petit salad, aioli
- Panfried gnocchi, broccoli, tomato & rosemary sauce, parmesan
- Grilled calamari, garlic and chilli
- Fish of the day, potato, chard, pea puree, citrus veloute
- Grilled beef Sirloin with chips or a salad
- Petit sirloin, sweet potato puree, carrots, kale and dauphine potato
To finish off for your sweet tooth:
- Chocolate torte ice cream
- Creme Brulee
The restaurant’s menu changes regularly according to the season and the owners confirmed some wine pairings will be done in the next few months with a set menu as they plan to team up with a wine farm.
Keep your eyes peeled:
Instagram account: @theshopseapoint
Please support The Shop and experience some hearty warm food to please your stomach.
If you need catering done for an event, contact The Shop:
Phone – 083 782 5240
Email – [email protected]