In 2019, The Cannabis Expo came to Cape Town for the first time and gave budding marijuana enthusiasts a dose of all things cannabis. Much has changed on the cannabis front since last year’s expo and many have been wondering what to expect from the 2020 edition.
Since the major event last year, CBD derived from cannabis was officially made legal in May of 2019, opening a whole new world for avid users of the herb and commercial opportunities.
While last year’s event focused on growing, 2020 will usher in a new focus of CBD use and the future of weed in South Africa, thanks to support of the industry proclaimed by President Cyril Ramaphosa.
Locals can expect an event of triple the size when compared to the 2019 edition and a new Cannabis Convention being introduced to cater for industry leaders. New features to look forward to include a Cannabis Food Market offering CBD and cannabis-infused treats and a Vape Lounge.
“We had an amazing response to The Cannabis Expo in Cape Town last year, with over 100 exhibitor stands and 18 000 people coming through to experience all that the cannabis industry has to offer,” says Expo Director, Silas Howarth. “Now we’re back, and even bigger, with more exhibitors, informative workshops and talks, and the cannabis food market. We are also bringing The Cannabis Convention to Cape Town for the first time.”
The event will offer so much more for those who dabble in cannabis but there will also be a great deal of benefit for delegates and those working in the cannabis industry. Experts, industry leaders, legislators and change makers will be able to make use of the event’s official app to network, engage and plan the future of the industry together.
A huge number of amazing vendors will feature this year, including agriculture, healthcare, medicine, technology, product retailers and innovators, legislation groups and government departments.
Throughout the event, visitors are able to enjoy and participate in talks, presentations and panel discussions with cannabis industry leaders, experts, activists and government representatives on a variety of topics pertaining to cannabis.
The Cannabis Expo – Highlights:
– Over 200 exhibitor stands representing a broad spectrum of the entire cannabis industry.
– The Cannabis Food Market, serving cannabis-infused meals and treats in a relaxed, outdoor market setting.
– The Vape Lounge where visitors can chill and get their vape on, brought to you by White Lion Holdings.
– The Expo Stage hosting informative presentations every half-hour throughout the event from industry experts.
The Cannabis Convention – Highlights
– The Convention sees cannabis industry leaders and experts from Africa and around the world, as well as local government representatives, engage in panel discussions on a range of cannabis-related topics.
– Private meeting rooms and networking spaces.
– An official event app, allowing all delegates, speakers and exhibitors to connect with each other and set up meetings.
“The demand has been massive, with many new international exhibitors joining the best of the local cannabis-related industry, making for an exciting and diverse event for Cape Town visitors,” says Howarth. “Expo tickets and convention delegate passes are now available at a discounted pre-sale rate on Computicket, so don’t miss out!”
The Cannabis Expo returns to Cape Town from March 19 – 22 2020 at GrandWest.
Expo dates & times:
– Thursday, March 19 – 10am to 6pm
– Friday, March 20–10am to 6pm
– Saturday, March 21 – 10am to 6pm
– Sunday, March 22 – 10am to 4pm
Expo tickets and convention delegate passes now available pre-sale on Computicket: https://bit.ly/3aiHNGF