Few experiences herald the start of the holidays like a tree lighting ceremony. There’s a reason why they attract thousands each year, and none more eagerly anticipated than that of Cape Town’s Moët & Chandon Golden Tree.
You’re invited to the Moët & Chandon Golden Tree Lighting Ceremony, on Friday the 29th of November from 6:30pm at the V&A Waterfront Silo District.
In honour of the Springboks’ World Cup 2019 win, legendary Captain Siya Kolisi will be given the honour of flicking the Golden Tree’s switch and declaring the festive season open. SA stars Boity Thulo, Katleho Sinivasan and members of the Springbok team will also be in attendance.
“Moët & Chandon Impérial celebrates its 150th anniversary this year and the Springboks have brought the Rugby World Cup trophy home – there are so many reasons to join us and celebrate!” says Pascal Asin, Moët Hennessy Managing Director Africa & Middle East.
Moët Impérial has marked personal and public milestones and launched celebratory traditions. Now, South Africa’s Moët & Chandon Golden Tree Lighting Ceremony has found its rightful place in the festive history books.
Built with over 2000 recycled champagne bottles, at four-storeys high, the Moët & Chandon Golden Tree is wrapped in a gold ribbon created using over 2000 discs. Expect an unforgettable lighting display to themed festive music, with 230 metres of dazzling LED lights.
The Moët & Chandon Golden Tree Lighting Ceremony promises performances by internationally revered opera singers Given Nkosi and Magdalene Minnaar, as well as the Cape Town Youth Choir and unforgettable dance performances.
Visitors will be able to purchase Moët & Chandon minis from dedicated bars around the tree and festive specials will be available at selected restaurants in the Silo District.
– Open to the general public at no cost
– Date: Friday, November 29 6.30 – 9.30pm
– Location: The Moët & Chandon Christmas Tree is located in front of Zeitz MOCAA at the V&A Waterfront Silo District.
– Christmas shopping: With shops including Lindt, Kirsten Goss and Kat van Duinen open until 8pm, you’re invited to indulge in some late-night Christmas shopping on November 29.
– Festive Fridays: a tree lighting experience which will take place on December 6 , 13 and 20 at 8.30pm
The Moët Golden Tree will be situated in the Silo District until January 6.