Spoil your loved ones this festive season at Tryn, Steenberg’s vibrant signature restaurant, where Chef Kerry Kilpin is treating her guests with a spectacular Christmas and New Year’s Eve menu.
All the dishes on the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day menu have been specially created by Chef Kerry. The Christmas Day lunch times will be available from 12pm – 3pm with the last reservation being at 2:30pm. Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve dinner will start at 6pm and finish at 10:30pm to allow for staff to head home before the lockdown curfew at midnight.
Here’s what you can look forward to:
Children’s Christmas menu
- Peach and elder ice tea on arrival
- Amuse Bouche: goat’s cheese, maple pear, puff pastry
- Crispy calamari: garlic aioli and lemon
- Grilled steak: seasonal vegetables, roast potato and braising jus
- Chocolate bomb: vanilla ice cream and caramel
Price: R550 per child under 12-years
Adult’s Christmas menu
- Steenberg Chardonnay Brut Cap Classique Brut NV on arrival
- Amuse Bouche: goat’s cheese, aubergine and lentil ‘caviar’
- Fish Crudo: iced cauliflower, peanut, nori crisps, yuzu, edamame and lemongrass paired with a Steenberg Black Swan Sauvignon Blanc (Note: wine pairing costs extra).
- Grilled prawns: smoked salmon mousseline, asparagus, pommes Anna, lime and turmeric veloute paired with a Steenberg Chardonnay
- Grilled venison: parsnip puree, shimeji mushrooms, croquette, mangetout, black truffle and port jus paired with a Steenberg Catharina
- Manjari chocolate ganache: manjari flexi ganache, white chocolate and rose mouse, strawberries, creme fraiche ice-cream paired with a Steenberg Pinot Noir Cap Classique
Price: R1 650 with wine pairing, R1 200 without wine pairing.
The children’s New Years Eve menu remains the same as the Christmas menu, however, here’s what the adults’ can expect on New Years Eve:
- Steenberg 1682 Chardonnay Cap Classique NV on arrival
- Amuse Bouche: artichoke fritters, cream cheese mousseline, truffle vinaigrette
- Ash Goat’s Chevin: golden beets, grilled peaches, rocket, pumpkin seed and spinach pesto, granola, lime viniagrette paired with a Steenberg Sauvignon Blanc
- Vannamei Prawns and Patagonian Calamari: asparagus, potato galette, chardonnay and prawn bisque, herb oil paired with a Steenberg Black Swan Sauvignon Blanc
- Green Apple and Basil Sorbet
- Grilled Duck Breast: roast onion puree, pickled grapes, broccoli, plumgel, pink peppercorn and plum jus paired with a Steenberg Catharina
- Passionfruit Tart: coconut whipped ganache, mango and lime salsa, yoghurt rocks paired with Steenberg Natural Sweet
Price: R 1 850 with wine pairing and R1 350 without wine pairing.
Date and time:
- Friday, December 31 6pm – 10:30pm
Where: Tryn, Steenberg Estate