Puff, puff and pass is the art of smoking the hubbly bubbly.
In Cape Town, this smoking trend has become a lot of people’s way to kick back.
This is the reason shisha lounges are multiplying at a decent rate.
Before we direct you to an array of smoking joints to try out. First, here’s a little lesson:
Smoking shisha 101:
- A hookah pipe is a device used to smoke shisha also known as a water pipe.
- Shisha is a molasses-based tobacco product heated in a hookah that comes in various flavours.
- A smoking sesh can last between 30 minutes to an hour and 30 minutes.
- No, vaping is not the same as smoking shisha, vaping does not involve nicotine.
At least we have the basics out of the way.
It was paramount to establish why smoking shisha has become a cool trend lately.
Cape Town has a lot of shisha bars, all uniquely suited to their establishments.
Here are a few to check out:
1. Sultan Sheesha
- Location: 115 Kloof Street
- Contact: 021 565 0535
This spot on Kloof Junction has an array of flavours in fancy hookahs – two pipes or single.
It’s the Turkish decor and velvety couches that the crowd liss for the most.
There are various coffees, teas and mocktails to enjoy as you spend time at Sultan Sheesha.
2. Damascus Middle Eastern Cuisine and Shisha Lounge
- Location: 307 Main Rd, Sea Point, Cape Town
- Contact: 081 757 3148
Satisfaction accompanied by smoking leads to the ultimate Zen.
Damascus Middle Eastern Cuisine and Shisha Lounge had this vision when they got into the business.
Here you immerse yourself in a truly Syrian experience with delicious tea and coffee offerings – then smoke!
Go solo or brig company and chose from a selection of flavours on offer.
3. HIDE Hookah Lounge
- Location: 71 Waterkant Street
- Contact: 081 310 6949
This fantastic upscale hookah haven is located right in the middle of Cape Town’s cosmo CBD.
The spot has given bloggers a run for their money due to its highest-quality hookah pipes plus blends on offer.
Also, this place is what Insta moments are made of.
4. The Hookup Lounge
Location: 121 Ottery Rd, Wynberg, Cape Town
Contact:021 768 0334
Unsure of a restaurant or its service? Reviews are insightful and a sure way to get your money’s worth.
Ottery’s The Hookup Lounge is the place to go if we are to take the reviews as gospel.
- “The food and shisha was absolutely delicious and worth every cent.”
- “Fantastic Service, great people and best shisha(oka) in town“
- “Great staff, smooth shisha pipes and a very chilled atmosphere”
5. Al Diwan Restaurant & Shisha Cafe
Location: 100 Main Rd, Sea Point
Contact: 082 652 6623
Come rain or shine, this self-titled ‘The Original, Middle Eastern Lounge’ comes through.
From the food selection and the pipes, Al Diwan is one of Sea Point’s treasured gems.
Check it out, the place opens every day.