Van Loveren has been in the Retief family since 1937 when Hennie Retief snr acquired the land in the Robertson Valley and named it after Christina van Loveren, an ancestor of his new bride, Jean van Zyl.
When his sons, Nico & Wynand joined him on the farm they acquired more land and in 1980, 500 cases of Premium Grand Cru, the first bottled Van Loveren wine, was launched.
Today Nico and Wynand’s sons are running the company side by side. Hennie and Neil are the viticulturists, Bussell the winemaker and Phillip looks after the commercial side of the business.
From humble beginnings Van Loveren has grown to become South Africa’s leading family-owned winery, known for its consistency, quality and innovation.
Visit South Africa’s leading family owned winery and stroll through their lush gardens where the trees all tell their own unique story. Enjoy breakfast or lunch at Christina’s Bistro. Choose from a variety of food & wine pairings, such as; chocolate and wine, cheese and wine, charcuterie and wine, nuts, nougat and wine and even a kids tasting platter.
Wheelchair friendly, tour busses welcome, hiking, cellar- and garden tours, MTB and bird watching.
Prize Details: One lucky reader will win an exciting Van Loveren food and wine experience valued at R2500, which includes:
– Food & wine pairing and cellar/garden tour for four at Van Loveren
– Lunch for 4 at Four Cousins valued at R1000
– 2 x 6 cases of Zandvliet Estate Wine
How to enter: Fill out the form below.
Competition Ts & Cs:
– The winner will be announced on December 23
– Winner will be contacted via details entered on the form
– Winners are required to claim their prize within one week or another winner will be drawn
– Prizes are not refundable and cannot be exchanged for money
– Transport to and from event is not included
*The entry form is space sensitive, please make sure there is no space after your email address*
*Once you have correctly filled in your details and submitted, the entry form will disappear. This means your entry has been received.*