Vines firmly rooted in the Breede River Valley, Lozärn Wines are meticulously crafted on Doornbosch farm by winemaker Salóme Buys-Vermeulen.
The wines are created to honour the Smuts family matriarch and boasts the first farm in South Africa to produce 100% single vineyard Carménère – a Chilean varietal. The new farm in Bonnievale now produces a unique maiden range including a 100% single vineyard Carménère, Shiraz, Sauvignon Blanc, Carménère Rose and a special Kay’s Legacy.
Their Winemaker, Salóme, is excited at the prospect of a new varietal in the wine industry, a task she has taken on with vigour and grace.
Salóme first dreamed of making wine when she was in grade 11 and came across a copy of SARIE that featured women winemakers and their stories, through the words of inspiring young women she found passion to pursue her career and reach for her goals.
Now 10 years down the road she is an experienced winemaker who believes in being true to her heart and having a good balance between family life and work.
Win a mixed case of Lozärn wines.
How to enter:
1. Complete this easy question in our comments section below. Where is Lozärn’s new farm? (Find the answer in the copy).
2. Tell us who you would share your case of wine with.
Terms and conditions:
– winners will be contacted via Facebook or Twitter on 3 September.
– PLEASE NOTE: Winners are required to claim their prize by 5 September at 12pm.
– Prizes are not refundable and cannot be exchanged for money.
– The winner must be over the age of 18 and will be required to produce their ID on prize collection.