Resting high up on the scenic Hemel-en-Aarde Ridge in South Africa’s sought-after Walker Bay Wine Region, Creation Wines Estate waits to welcome all with open arms and full glasses.
This year, the brand topped the Tonnellerie Saint Martin Pinot Noir Report compiled by respected wine publisher Winemag.co.za with its 2015 Creation Art Pinot Noir.
The wine scored an impressive 93/100 in the report. Last year it was the brand’s 2015 Creation Reserve Pinot Noir that took the honours, proving Creation is a wine producer with a true capacity – both in skill and in nature – for making exceptional Pinot Noir.
Jean-Claude (JC) and Carolyn Martin’s ‘little piece of paradise’ can be found on the undulating foothills of the towering Babylonstoren Mountain in the Walker Bay Wine Region. This area benefits from cool maritime conditions, and is further enhanced by remarkable 450-million-year-old Bokkeveld shale and clay-loam soils which, according to JC, are ideal for the cultivation of Pinot Noir, giving it its signature structure.
“The grapes for our site-specific Art of Creation Pinot Noir are selected from a small gem of a pocket, within a single vineyard block. In the case of the 2015 vintage, a barrel selection of only 3 050 bottles were released under the Art label,” JC explains.
In addition to the Art of Pinot Noir, there are three other award-winning Pinots in the Creation portfolio: Emma’s Pinot Noir, the Reserve Pinot Noir and the Estate Pinot Noir. The Creation range further comprises six whites and five reds, all renowned for their elegance and finesse and all eloquently expressing the unique Hemel-en-Aarde Ridge terroir.
One lucky reader will win a food and wine pairing experience for him or her and three friends at the scenic Creation Wines Estate, valid from 1 February 2019 to 31 July 2019.
How to enter:
1. Complete this easy question in our comments section below. Which Creation wine scored an impressive 93/100 in the 2018 Pinot Noir Report hosted by Winemag?
Competition Ts & Cs:
– The winners will be announced on Tuesday, 13 November at 12pm
– Winners will be contacted via Facebook or Twitter or Instagram
– Winners are required to claim their prize by November 15 at 12pm or another winner will be drawn
– Prizes are not refundable and cannot be exchanged for money
– Winners must be over the age of 18 and will be required to produce their ID on prize collection
– No transport is provided to the Creation Wines Estate.