Opihr is made with a fusion of exotic botanicals, herbs and spices historically gathered and traded along the Spice Route.
Spanish orange peel from Seville, Moroccan coriander seed from port towns, Italian juniper from Venice, Grapefruit peel from Istanbul, Indian tellicherry black peppers from the South Eastern Shores of Kerala and cubeb peppers from the historic Malaysian city of Malacca.
To this day, all botanicals are hand sourced in their country of origin before being transported to England where they are placed by hand into the copper stills and the process of distillation begins.
Now in its fifth year, the Opihr World Adventure Cocktail Competition is coming to South Africa for the first time.
The winner of the regional round will then be sent to vibrant Istanbul, all expenses paid, to compete in the Global final alongside 10 competitors for the title of The Spirit of Opihr.
One reader will win 2 Opihr branded glasses and a bottle of Opihr Oriental Spiced London Dry Gin on Wednesday, August 8.
How to enter:
1. Complete this easy question in our comments section below. Where will the Global final for the Opihr World Adventure Cocktail Competition be held? (Find the answer in the copy).
Competition Ts & Cs:
– The winner will be announced on Wednesday, 8 August at 12pm
– Winners will be contacted via Facebook or Twitter or Instagram
– Winners are required to claim their prize by August 10 at 12pm or another winner will be drawn
– Prizes are not refundable and cannot be exchanged for money
– Entrants must be over 18 years of age