He has walked on water across the river Thames, levitated in front of Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro and walked down the outside of the LA Times building. He has predicted the Soccer World Cup outcome and taken a trip on the side of a bus. The global television star and award-winning magician, Dynamo, is bringing his Seeing is Believing Live SA Tour to Cape Town.
Dynamo will perform three shows at Grand Arena, GrandWest, on Friday, 18 May 2018 at 8pm and Saturday, 19 May 2018 at 3pm and 8pm. Tickets are on sale at Computicket.
Dynamo, whose real name is Steven Frayne, is well-known for his multi-award-winning television series “Magician Impossible” that has seen Dynamo visit 10 countries and astonish thousands of people across the world, including South Africa.
In a short time, he quickly established himself as one of the world’s most popular and best-loved magicians, with his series airing in over 180 territories worldwide, reaching over 400-million cumulative viewers globally. He’s the first magician in history to headline the world-famous O2 in London and he was awarded the highest accolade by the magic circle with his promotion to Member of the Inner Magic Circle with Gold Star, a position only held by 300 magicians worldwide, including HRH Prince of Wales.
Over the last six years, Dynamo’s ascent from unknown, working-class magician, hailing from the poverty-stricken Delph Hill estate on the outskirts of Bradford, to multi award-winning, global superstar, has been nothing short of miraculous. After the hit television series, ‘Magician Impossible’ Dynamo’s ‘Seeing is Believing’ stage show quickly turned from a 10-date run into a year-long world tour as Dynamo spread his magic and filled arenas by playing 127 shows with over 600 000 plus tickets sold making it one of the largest scale magic shows in the world.
“I honestly believe people need magic in their lives as it brings a sense of hope and wonder that is often lost in the day-to-day,” he said in a recent interview. “Everyone needs magic in their lives.”
Dynamo’s approach to large-scale illusion has allowed him to connect with young people and re-energise the genre in a way not seen for a generation. It is this impact that has helped Dynamo transcend the world of magic to become a bona fide pop culture icon, with giants from the worlds of music, film and sport enthralled by his performances. Brad Pitt made a surprise visit to watch Dynamo’s live show with his kids as did fashion icon Kate Moss and artist Damien Hirst. Will Smith called Dynamo’s performance “absolutely astonishing” and Cristiano Ronaldo and Jay-Z have both hired him to perform at private functions.
Venue: Grand Arena, GrandWest
Dates: Friday, 18 May 2018 at 8pm, Saturday, 19 May 2018 at 3pm and 8pm
Ticket Prices: R375, R425, R475, R575, R675
Two lucky readers will win two tickets each (valued at R858) to Friday’s show (18 May).
How to enter:
1. Complete this easy question in our comments section below. What is Dynamo’s real name? (Find the answer in the copy).
2. Tell us who you would take with you to Dynamo Live.
Competition Ts & Cs:
– The winner will be announced on Tuesday, May 8.
– Winners will be contacted via Facebook or Twitter or Instagram.
– Winners are required to claim their prize by Wednesday, May 9 at 12pm or another winner will be drawn.
– Prizes are not transferable or refundable and cannot be exchanged for money.
– Transport will NOT be provided for this prize.
– Tickets are only valid for the specified date and performance time, and may not be upgraded, exchanged for cash or an alternative performance.
– The prize comprises of two show tickets only.
– Cape Town tickets are available for collection from the box office/Computicket at the venue (located near Door 5) from one hour prior to performance time, on the date of performance.
– No shows will not receive replacement tickets
– By entering this competition, the participant agrees to the terms and conditions.