Grab a unique, one of a kind beer from local brewers at the 4th annual Woodstock Winter Beer Festival on August 4. This year’s festival will be held at the Castle of Good Hope. An array of microbreweries will be serving up their delicious varieties of beer, including Riot Beer, Stellenbosch Brewing co, Metal Lane Brewery and much more.
The varied flavours include showstoppers like a malva pudding stout made through a collaboration of two breweries, Afro Caribbean Co. and Dissident Brewing Company.
Tickets are being sold online at Quicket and cost R60 for an early bird ticket, R80 for a regular one and if you miss out on online tickets can buy a R100 ticket at the door. The ticket includes an entrance fee and a free cup – tastings are at the discretion of brewery owners.
The event also hosts a donations programme that allows visitors to donate goods, blankets, non-perishable items and clothing to NOAH, Neighbourhood Old Age Homes. The organisation aims to help pensioners within Woodstock and the surrounding areas.
One reader will win 2 tickets to the Woodstock Winter Beer Festival on Saturday, August 4.
How to enter:
1. Complete this easy question in our comments section below. Where is the festival being held this year? (Find the answer in the copy).
2. Tell us who you would take with you to the festival.
Competition Ts & Cs:
– The winner will be announced on Friday, 13 July at 12pm
– Winners will be contacted via Facebook or Twitter or Instagram
– Winners are required to claim their prize by July 16 at 12pm or another winner will be drawn
– Prizes are not refundable and cannot be exchanged for money
– Please note that transport is not included.
– Entrants must be over 18 years of age