The food has been devoured, the dishes have been washed up, and now it’s time to kick off your Christmas shoes and relax. If you’re eager to stay in the festive spirit a little longer, there’s nothing that will make your heart pump a little more Christmas spirit through your veins than watching a good ol’ Christmas film.
Do we care that this fantastic genre of film makes us cringe and laugh at the same time – no! Because we judge a festive movie on its ability to make our hearts grow three times larger and our bodies tingle with warm fuzzy feelings – in a good way. If you’re looking for timeless movies to help you say goodbye to Christmas day, here are a few favourites:
Love Actually (2013)
It’s about love on Christmas – what more do you want!
A Christmas Prince, 2017
A Christmas favourite on Netflix, this sleeper hit will have you falling in love with this very cliche movie and filling your heart with all the fuzzy feelings!
The Polar Express, 2004
A dash of holiday spirit, a sprinkle of childlike wonder and a whole lot of Tom Hanks. The Polar Express has become a Christmas classic and a must-watch for any movie lover’s holiday watch list.
The Night Before, 2015
Seth Rogen, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Anthony Mackie slay as three childhood best friends spending their last Christmas Eve together. This film won’t exactly give you all the fuzzy Christmas feelings, but it will leave you in stitches.
Happiest Season, 2020
A new addition to the Netflix Christmas roster, Happiest Season stars Kristen Stewart and Aubrey Plaza, to name but a few. The film offers a unique holiday season perspective as it gives voice to the challenges of coming out to your family. Especially during the Christmas season.
Is any movie night complete without having a few delicious snacks? Popcorn is always the go-to, but why not sprinkle some spice onto an otherwise mundane snack. Here is a mouth-watering recipe for Salty Caramel Popcorn Mix.
- 1 bag of salted popcorn
- 1/2 cup of store bought salted caramel sauce
- 1 heaping tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of chopped pecans
- toffee chocolate covered pretzels
- chocolate candies
- Grab a baking tray and line it with a baking sheet.
- Pour your popped popcorn onto the tray before grabbing a microwave-safe bowl. Add your caramel sauce and peanut butter and microwave for 10 second increments until and caramel and peanut butter have melted together smoothly.
- Drizzle the sauce over the popcorn and add the rest of the toppings. Make sure you add another pinch of salt.
- Let the caramel set and enjoy!
Christmas cocktails that’ll add some extra cheer to your festive season