If you’re looking to learn a new thing, why not make it swing? Cape Town Swing is hosting beginner and intermediate dance classes at Truth Coffee Roasting this Friday, 20 January.
Cape Town Swing invites you to its beginner-friendly swing dance classes at Truth Coffee Roasting, taught by experts Muriel Gravenor and Yana Sanamyantz:
- 6pm: Beginner and Intermediate Lindy Hop
- 7pm: Social Dancing
No previous dance experience is needed, and walk-ins are welcome.
Stick around for an hour of social dancing afterwards to practise what you learned in class and meet other community members.
No need to bring a partner; there will be various partner rotations during the session. Anyone can lead or follow; roles are not gendered.
Read this first-timer’s guide for more information.
What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes that you can dance in | Sneakers, formal shoes, or low, vintage-style heels are fine.
- A change of shirt in case you become sweaty
- Date: 20 January | 6pm – 7pm
- Location: Truth Coffee Roasting | 36 Buitenkant Street, Cape Town City Centre
- Book: Attendees form | SnapScan or cash payments are accepted for walk-ins
- Contact: 074 110 1828 | [email protected]
- Website: capetownswing.co.za
View this post on Instagram
Picture: Cape Town Swing