The US woke up to the shocking news that Hollywood movie star Sylvester Stallone was dead. But… it turned out to be yet another fake news story doing the rounds. The second such story in 18 months.
The first hoax in in September 2016 said Stallone had been found dead in his house. It was tracked back to a gossip website famous for killing off celebrities.
The latest hoax seems to have started by the sharing of a poster for Creed II, the next movie in the Rockie Film Series. His latest cause of death was prostate cancer.
Pictures of an ailing Stallone, looking seriously ill and balding were also filling up social media, the pictures are actually from a movie role.
The news of Sly’s death angered his brother Frank Stallone, in a tweet he said, “Rumors that my brother is dead are false. What kind of sick demented cruel mind thinks of things like this to post? People like this are mentally deranged and don’t deserve a place in society.”
Stallone responded to the news of his death: “Please ignore this stupidity… Alive and well and happy and healthy… Still punching!”
— NAZ ? (@FCNazalona) February 19, 2018
According to Facebook, Sylvester Stallone is late ??
How true is this y’all? pic.twitter.com/neTDhOmp2d
— ? мαѕєηtℓє ? (@MasentleSiwela) February 19, 2018
People on Facebook killed Sylvester Stallone pic.twitter.com/28ORCZr9yg
— Kelly (@kelellopearl) February 19, 2018
Please ignore this stupidity… Alive and well and happy and healthy… Still punching! https://t.co/sgRhOguHhs
— Sylvester Stallone (@TheSlyStallone) February 19, 2018