The start of a new school year means purchasing school supplies. Whether it’s a new backpack or a set of pens and pencils, having the materials needed to learn is essential for any student. Unfortunately, not all parents or guardians have the financial means to equip their children for school.
The non-government organisation Shilo is having a Gifts of Grace Stationery Drive to assist those who cannot afford the necessary materials for a productive school year.
For some children, even the most basic school supplies are a luxury. Shiloh’s aim is to supply the necessary basic stationery items to learners in need within schools that require the most support in and around the northern suburbs of Cape Town.
Its goal is to pack and distribute 5,000 to 10,000 stationery parcels each year.
You can help by collecting a bag to fill from Shiloh’s office, making a donation that enables them to buy bulk at a discount, or asking your company and friends to get on board.
How to donate:
- Collect a bag from Shiloh’s offices and fill it with stationery (a list will be provided)
- Contact Delene Kleyn at 021 981 8241 or email [email protected]
- Donate money using the banking details below
Shiloh Synergy banking details:
- Account name: Shiloh Synergy
- Bank: FNB Willowbridge code: 250655
- Account number: 62264338643
- Account type: Current
- Reference: Surname
To receive a tax receipt:
- Shiloh is fully B-BBEE registered
- NPC registration number 2005/034268/08
- Request a tax receipt by emailing [email protected]
Picture: Shiloh / shiloh.org.za