Calling out all football fans, especially Manchester City fans, as the Premier League champs visit the Mother City and South Africa for the first time.
On the Trophy Tour’s first visit to South Africa, the trophy will be accompanied by City legend Joleon Lescott for a football festival and screening of their fixture against Liverpool on Sunday, 16 October.
The event will be held at Central Park, Century City, where fans will have the opportunity to:
- Create a 360-degree video with the Premier League trophy
- Become part of their dream 5-a-side team in augmented reality
- Meet former defender Joleon Lescott
- Meet club mascot Moonchester
- Win a signed shirt
- Football clinics: 10.10am-3.30pm (sign-up on day, 5-12- year-olds)
- Q&A with Joleon Lescott: 3pm
- Screening event: 4pm (pre-registration required)
- Q&A and pre-match analysis with Joleon Lescott: 4.30pm
- Liverpool vs Manchester City: 5.30pm
From 10am until 3.30pm, the festival will be open to all fans on a first come, first served basis. The event will include the chance for 5-12-year-olds to participate in coaching clinics with Manchester City coaches (participation via sign-up at the event on the day).
How to secure your space?
The screening event will kick off at 4pm and have limited capacity, so fans must register here to secure their space for this part of the day. Fans signed up for the match screening are still welcome to join the festival earlier in the day and will be given a wristband on entry.
The trophy and Joleon will also be visiting Totalsports, Canal Walk Mall, between 4pm and 6pm on Saturday, 15 October for photos and signing.