A few weeks ago we heard rumours that the New Harbour Distillery was looking to crowdfund the opening up of an open plan micro distillery and ‘Gin Lab’ at the Mason’s Hub design hub in the heart of Woodstock.
Turns out the duo behind New Harbour, master distiller Nic Janeke and creative genius Andri du Plessis, have now launched a Thundafund campaign, and they need our help. Check out their new video below:
Having self-funded the entire operation up till now, the pair needs Cape Town’s micro distillery enthusiasts to get behind them and pre-purchase a range of New Harbour memorabilia and products (yes, we mean booze). Here’s a summary of some of our favourite items on offer via Thundafund:
- R50 gets you a personal thank you on their website and Facebook page
- R100 gets you a set of New Harbour coasters (to hold your drink or use as a frisbee) and a branded button –this has been dubbed the non-alcoholic reward
- R150 gets you a voucher for a free tasting at the distillery once it opens and a branded button – hope they have enough buttons
- R200 gets you a bottle of copper distilled vodka in a specially-branded box and a branded button
- R500 gets you two limited edition bottles of the distillery’s first batch, one vodka and one gin – kudos to Nic and Andri for launching this campaign after pay day!
- R1,500 gets you a novice distillery course, where Nic will personally show you exactly how to (legally) make your own gin in the comfort of your own home
There’s tons of rewards on offer, and we definitely think an independent distillery will be a great addition to Mason’s Press, so hop onto the New Harbour Thundafund page and pledge your support. We’ll see you at the grand opening!
Photography courtesy New Harbour Distillery