There’s nothing better than snoozing your alarm on a weekend, especially after a long, hectic week. Now you can enjoy a few extra hours of much-needed rest knowing that your breakfast has already been prepared the night before!
Here are three easy breakfast meals to prepare that requires minimal effort:
Wholesome, convenient and delicious! The great part about choosing to have oats for breakfast is that you can switch it up each time. Add some blueberries to the mix for that antioxidant boost or slice up a banana for a filling meal. There’s always something new to try so you’ll never get bored.
Oats also contains large amounts of beta-glucan – a soluble fiber – which helps to reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels while promoting healthy gut bacteria. Talk about a breakfast that has it all!
Make sure to try out this easy recipe, no stress and no fuss!
- Rolled oats
- Low fat milk or milk of your choice
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 cup of blueberries or 1 banana (optional)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Place the oats, milk, honey and chia seeds in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a container and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Stir the oats the next morning and add blueberries or a sliced banana.
A great way to get in those nutrients! Choosing to make your own yoghurt parfait instead of buying it gives you more freedom to use the ingredients that you really enjoy.
Grab a jar and get to work on those beautiful layers with this recipe:
- Greek yoghurt
- Fruit of your choice (berries are always a great option)
- Layer the Greek yoghurt with granola, nuts and the fruit of your choice. Don’t be scared to get creative!
- Continue building the layers until you reach the top. Seal the lid of the jar, place into the refrigerator and enjoy in the morning.
Smoothie freezer packs
The freezer is about to become your new best friend with this awesome breakfast idea. Pop your favourite ingredients into a freezer bag and store for later. Make sure to mark the date on the packaging if you’re looking to prepare in bulk.
Try out this delicious berry smoothie!
- 2 cups of blueberries
- A handful of strawberries
- 1 banana
- Chia seeds (optional)
- Add your pre-packaged ingredients to the blender along with water and milk.
- Top with some chia seeds and enjoy!
Also read: Olive & Chilli Cafe: A delicious hidden gem in Woodstock