Rapper Kiernan Forbes, better known as AKA has responded with a statement via Facebook regarding the recent “violent ” videos circulating on social media.
It is alleged that a friend of Anele Tembe released video footage of AKA breaking down a door in their Johannesburg apartment. Since then, the internet has been divided over the alleged nature of the superstar’s behaviour.
The 22-year-old Tembe allegedly fell to her death in Cape Town at the Pepperclub hotel in April. Forbes said in the statement that he will share his side of the story in due time, which will afford the greatest respect to the relationship he shared with Tembe. “Beyond dealing with the loss of Anele, the love of my life, I am also having to deal with snippets taken out of our relationship that found their way to social media,” the statement quoted.
He will step back from his duties a the Cruz Vodka brand ambassador, stating that he needs to focus on the way forward. Meanwhile, AKA, who was also meant to perform at the Huawei Joburg Day, has officially withdrawn from the performance. This is what the artist management company, The T Effect, released on behalf of Forbes.
— 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙏 𝙀𝙁𝙁𝙀𝘾𝙏 (@TEffectGlobal) May 12, 2021
AKA’s father, Tony Forbes, has reportedly come to his son’s defence after the rapper came under pressure from social media users calling to #MuteAKA, as investigations continued into his fiancée death. He said his son had been struggling to mourn properly because of the “damaging public perceptions” about the nature of their relationship with Nelli, Sowetan reported.
READ ALSO :
Picture: AKA / Instagram