On May 17, an anonymous email was read aloud by podcast host MacG exposing factors they believed contributed toward Anele Tembe’s death. The email stated it was from a member of the Tembe family.
The email itself was actually sent on April 12th, but co-host Sol Phenduka explains that they weren’t sure if it was fake at the time.
From AKA’s alleged violent behaviour to the influence of drugs and alcohol, coupled with Anele’s fragile mental state, the hosts concurred that the email made sense. It expressed a lot of what would later be uncovered.
The email made allegations toward AKA cheating with rapper Da L.E.S’s girlfriend, abuse toward Anele, as well as reiterating that AKA led her into a life of drug and alcohol abuse and worsened her mental state severely though emotional abuse.
All accusations, according to the anonymous writer, were factors they believed led to Anele allegedly taking her own life. However, as the anonymous writer expresses, what happened right before Anele died, is still unknown to everyone except Kiernan.
Here’s what the email said:
- Anonymous wrote the email in hope and prayer that [the hosts] will tell the truth.
- Anele Tembe was suffering in her relationship with AKA, she struggled with cheating and abuse from AKA. The email states that it had started the year before. Anele was in a terrible mental place after discovering AKA had been involved in an affair. She had tried to take her life before.
AKA cheated on Anele with rapper Da L.E.S’s “baby mama” and Anele revealed it:
- However, what “really shook Nelli” was when she found sexual messages regarding AKA and rapper Da L.E.S’s “baby mamma” (mother of a man’s child).
- It confirmed for Anele that her Kiernan was having an affair with Auera Alexander (Da L.E.S’ baby mama, Auera.)
- Auera apparently wanted to tell da L.E.S about the relationship, but AKA sent her R20 000 to silence her. This is largely because AKA and Da L.E.S were to work together future.
- Anele, on the other hand, was not going to keep quiet and called Da L.E.S to tell the truth. According to the anonymous writer, the situation had broken Anele completely.
AKA blamed the feud on Anele:
- AKA and Da L.E.S are now enemies according to anonymous, but it was Anele who took the brunt of the feud. He made her feel guilty and blamed her for the fall out.
Anele’s mental state, abuse, drugs and alcohol:
- According to the email, AKA had introduced Nelli into a life of drugs and alcohol. She struggled with abuse from Kiernan and couldn’t handle it. “He made her feel small,” the email expresses.
- Anele couldn’t do it anymore as expressed to the email’s author, and explained that she was suicidal. The author of the email confers that she thought Anele was just overreacting at the time.
He knows what he did to her:
- “He knows what he did to her,” the email states and goes on to explain that he was the only one with her before she died. However, why the two argued and why she was left naked and “to die” still remains a mystery.
“Stop feeling sorry for a killer and abuser, tell people the truth,” the email pleads.
Watch the full podcast