The City of Cape Town requests patience from residents as they continue necessary ongoing routine maintenance on the city’s electrical infrastructure.
In order to ensure reliable electricity supply and good management of the city’s public infrastructure, critical maintenance continues to happen across the metro in phases, for some hours at a time, depending on the maintenance work
Monday 20 June:
Tuesday 21 June:
Wednesday 22 June:
Thursday 23 June
Sunday 26 June:
Please note: The City does not carry out maintenance from Stage 3 and above of loadshedding. Routine maintenance work is cancelled in the event of higher stages of loadshedding.
- Where possible, please switch off appliances at the wall socket ahead of maintenance to reduce the risk of damage caused by power surges.
- The supply could be restored at any time, therefore residents should remember to treat all electrical installations as live for the full duration of the interruption.
City’s service channels (don’t log the same request multiple times on multiple channels as this contributes to delays):
- Call Centre: 0860 103 089
- SMS: 31220 (standard charges apply)
- Online: capetown.gov.za/servicerequests