This week’s top 10 stories include Cape Town bucket list adventures you need to embark on. Starbucks opening in Muizenberg, which spurred mixed reactions from locals. The 70s aesthetic, but with a Cape Town twist. Which story rose to our most-read you might ponder? Here’s the countdown to find out, and catch up on what you might have missed.
10. Bucket list adventures in Cape Town that you need to embark on!
9. A mother gave birth to a 5kg baby… without an epidural.
8. Post mortem reports confirmed that the cats murdered by the Manenberg cat killer were brutally or maliciously killed.
7. Another cold front hit the Mother City on August 12.
6.Waffles should never be underrated, and neither should these 5 waffle spots in Cape Town!
5. Kicking off the top 5, Checkers is trialling cashless and ‘cashierless ‘stores in the Mother City.
4. Local coffee shops and bakeries make Muizenberg, and so it was no surprise that coffee giant Starbucks opening up in the coastal suburb would spur mixed reactions.
3. At number three, our dam levels have risen, sitting at 98.1%.
2. The 70s is back, and Capetonians are remixing the fashion aesthetic for the modern-day like no one else.
1. At number one, bark stripping continues at Newlands Forest, and our trees are crying out for help.
Picture: Instagram @wendyvollmer