There are few things Capetonians dread more than Home Affairs lines. What was once an unavoidable burden has been lifted as more bank branches will soon offer collection points for citizens to pick up their new identity documents and passports.
The Department of Home Affairs have plans to roll out 19 new ID SmartCard and Passport collection points at local banks across the country in 2020, the majority of which will be in Johannesburg.
In an effort to reduce congestion in Home Affairs offices, the E-Home Affairs system allows users to apply and pay for their new Smartcards online on the Home Affairs website. Once the card is ready, it can be collected at a Home Affairs office or one of these participating banks.
– ABSA Claremont: Absa on Grove, 11 Grove Ave (Coming in 2020)
– FNB Portside: Portside Building, 5 Buitengracht Street (Currently available)
– Canal Walk: Shop 599LL, Upper level, Canal Walk Shopping Centre, Century City (Currently available)
– Promenade Mall: Corner of AZ Berman Road And Morgenster Road, Shop 73-75 Liberty Promenade (Opening date in March 2020)
– St. George’s Mall: Corner of Waterkant Road and St. George’s Mall (Opening date between February – June 2020)
Picture: Facebook / Home Affairs