The price of both petrol and diesel will shoot up at the pumps from Wednesday, July 1. The Central Energy Fund (CEF) has published the official fuel price adjustments for July, and these show a massive jump in price.
These are the official changes:
– Petrol 95: increase of R1.72 per litre
– Petrol 93: increase of R1.63 per litre
– Illuminating Paraffin: increase of R2.14 per litre
– Diesel 0.05%: increase of R1.73 per litre
– Diesel 0.005%: increase of R1.69 per litre
“We cannot overstate the effect that the rand’s collapse is currently having on fuel users: if the rand had remained at its pre-Covid-19 levels, fuel users would likely be seeing a reduction in fuel prices in the order of 75 cents a litre next month,” said the Automobile Association in a statement.
This is how the increases will reflect at the pumps from Wednesday.
|Fuel (Inland)||Price of fuel – June Official||Price of fuel – July Official|
|0.05% Diesel (wholesale)||R11.30||R13.03|
|0.005% Diesel (wholesale)||R11.38||R13.07|
Read the SEF press release here: Press Release 26 Jun 2020 Change 01 Jul 2020