After a week of radio silence and concerned fans, Mark Pilgrim has provided an update on his health via his social media platforms.
Also read: Mark Pilgrim vs Megan who “doesn’t know how to read the room”
“A lot of sleeping the last few days. Body is depleted. After chemo and immuno last Thursday it’s just been pouring out both ends. I’m like a shriveled pea.” – Mark Pilgrim.
Despite battling stage 4 lung cancer, the beloved South African radio personality, Mark Pilgrim, has always kept a smile on his face while bravely documenting his journey on social media to raise awareness while keeping a positive attitude.
Pilgrim provides regular updates on his cancer journey to his 75.7K followers on Instagram. The DJ caused a bit of panic and concern among his fans after he posted an image of himself looking really skinny with the below caption before going silent for eight days.
“Really skinny at the moment. Having more fluid drained from abdomen so my tummy has a bit of space for food. It’s a journey. It’s not easy. Baby steps. Still have the end goal in sight where myself, Adrienne and the girls are walking on the beach with our future golden retriever 😀🙏🏻✨.”
Pilgrim’s latest post on Instagram was flooded with comments of support and well wishes:
- “Getting rid of all the toxins to make space for all the good things like health, happiness and positivity coming your way. Keep strong. We are all praying for you x”
- “So happy to see this as my 1st post opening Instagram. I’ve been worried not seeing an update since your last post. Rest well Mark, your body will fight for you!”
- “I’ve liked it, not because I like the news just to let you know you’re thought of. Sending strength your way and looking forward to that good news when you’re walking on the beach with your lovely family 💪👍”
- “Ah Mark…my heart breaks for you. Your fighting spirit is mind blowing. Will keep praying for you 🙏”
- “It is always darkest before dawn. This is not an easy ask, but we ask that you continue to fight on. We are praying Mark. We are praying. Lord Jesus pls heal this man 🙏🏾”
- “I’m praying for you. The Lord gives you strength and a clean bill of health in Jesus’ mighty name.Amen ❤️”
- “🌹❤️ keep going, we’re in this with you.”
- “Holding you up in prayer, Mark! Sending you strength and positive vibes.”
Mark Pilgrim and Adrienne Watkins’ special New Year’s Eve engagement
Picture: markpilgrimza / Instagram