South Africans were left in a frenzy on Sunday, July 4 after rumours were circulating that Mugg & Bean decided to close its doors. Since then, the company has said that these reports are fake and added that even though all sit-down dining has been prohibited, most of its restaurants are still open for takeaways.
According to Fin24, ANC Ekurhuleni Regional Chairperson, Mzwandile Masina told over 215 000 of his Twitter followers that the country has bigger problems than worrying if Zuma is incarcerated, referring to the announcement that Mugg & Bean is shutting down their operations permanently.
Masina’s Tweet provoked concern in many South Africans who were worrying about potential job losses, however, Mugg & Bean issued a short statement that read:
We are aware of #fakenews doing the rounds. @Mugg_and_Bean is not closing. While sit down dining is not currently allowed, the majority of restaurants remain open to bring you your favourite M&B meals via delivery, collection and takeaway. Find us here: https://t.co/kTigxIGESG
— Mugg & Bean ☕️☕️☕️ (@Mugg_and_Bean) July 4, 2021