Following a story which broke last week about Parow Shopping Centre’s ceiling collapsing. The centre management would like to clarify that the ceiling didn’t collapse, and that it was a burst pipe that caused the water on the centre floors.
In a response to the story, they said:
“With reference to a video circulating on social media, the ceiling at Parow Shopping Centre did in fact not collapse and were not caused by heavy rains. A Sprinkler pipe burst and caused flooding on the 1st & 2nd Floor. The opening in the ceiling where the wiring is exposed is new cable ways for future fibre lines. Cleaning crew and contractors were on the scene in minutes to isolate the burst pipe and start with clean-up process, normal trade resumed the next day.”