Renewing your vehicle’s licence can be very stressful especially if you have to stand in long queues, however, South African motorists have now been spared the wait as Pick n Pay introduced a three-step vehicle licence disc renewal system.
According to the retail giant, the initiative allows motorists to renew their vehicle licence without visiting a traffic department or post offices. Pick n Pay indicated that in order for motorists to make use of this fast efficient system, they need to register their cellphone number at the till in-store or on the Pick n Pay Vehicle Licence Disc Online Renewal portal.
How do I renew my licence disc with Pick n Pay?
- Capture your Vehicle and Renewal details (no need to upload the required documents at this stage);
- Pick n Pay sends you a reminder before your existing disc expires;
- Log into the Pick n Pay Vehicle Licence Disc renewal portal to view the details including the renewal cost and fines that might be blocking the renewal (viewable under ‘FINE MANAGEMENT‘);
- Upload the required documents under ‘My Renewals’;
- Capture the address you would like the disc delivered to;
- Set up a payment for your disc renewal (the payment is linked to the mobile number on your portal profile);
- Pay for your renewal at a Pick n Pay store using your mobile number as the reference.
Pick n Pay further mentioned that the service fee costs R345, while the delivery fee to your chosen address will cost R99.00 including VAT.
“We will renew and deliver your licence disc to your chosen address 10 working days after we receive your payment and all required documentation,” Pick n Pay said.