As the nationwide lockdown has shifted to level 4, residents are now allowed a 3-hour window in the morning to exercise outdoors.
However, following the massive turnout at Sea Point yesterday, May 1, the South African Police Service is warning residents that they must follow strict protocols when exercising outside.
According to the Sea Point City Improvement District (CID), SAPS will be undertaking a zero-tolerance approach to exercisers who do not follow the guidelines.
Exercisers must follow the below rules:
1) All persons must have a mask.
2) You may only walk/run/cycle on the paved areas only.
3) The grass and beaches are strictly out of bounds.
4) You may not drive to perform the exercise you have to walk from your residential address.
5) By 9am you must stop all exercise – in public.
The CID advises that residents obey the rules as authorities have been instructed to do what is necessary if rules are broken.