The Springboks are back home and coming to our city! The Cape Town routes of their Champions tour have just been released, letting supporters in the Mother City know exactly where to go to see their favourite players up close.
Following their exciting arrival back in South Africa yesterday, the winning team will be travelling through various parts of the country in an open-top bus parading the Web Ellis trophy for all to see.
The tour begins November 7 in Gauteng. Thereafter they will travel to Durban on November 8, East London on November 9, and Port Elizabeth on November 10. Cape Town is the final leg of the tour, and their trip will take place on November 11.
Here is where to go to see the Springboks in Cape Town:
Cape Town (Langa), Monday, November 11 (10am-11am)
• Jakes Gerwel Drive
• Left on Washington Street
• Left on Bhunga Avenue
• Left N’dabeni Street
• Into Rhodes
• Back on to Washington Street
Cape Town (CBD), Monday, November 11 (11.30am-1pm)
• Depart City Hall
• Darling Street right into Adderley Street
• Along Adderley, left into Strand Street
• Up Strand Street and left into Long Street
• Along Long Street, right into Buitensingel
• Up Buitensingel and right turn into Loop Street
• Right into Hans Strijdom Avenue
• Left turn into Heerengracht at the Fountain Circle
• Right turn into Hertzog Boulevard
Details subject to change
Image: Twitter / Springboks