Table Mountain Cableway will be closed from Monday 24 July to Sunday 6 August 2017 for scheduled annual maintenance.
The maintenance period ensures that the Cableway meets the highest global cableway standards set by the Swiss Governing Body (BAV), and this year, the annual shutdown will also see the following upgrades completed:
- Replacement of the lifts at the Lower Station.
- The Top Station entrance and exit platforms will be switched around, to ensure a better flow of foot traffic.
- The Top Station pathways will be resurfaced.
- The seating area in the Table Mountain cafe will be reconfigured, allowing for more patrons to take advantage of the delicious menu offering.
- The Visitor Centre at the Lower Station will be revamped.
- The cable cars will be rebranded.
Managing Director of the Cableway, Wahida Parker says, “From 24 August until 23 October we will only have one operational lift at the Lower Station, resulting in some delays for visitors. The first lift will be upgraded between 24 July and 27 August, and the second between 31 August and 22 October.”
She adds, “We will also be carrying out our usual maintenance such as cleaning of the ropes and slack rope tests, servicing of the main gearbox, generators and backup generators, as well as general electronic component changes and control checks.”
Some things to keep in mind ahead of annual maintenance:
- Should your birthday fall within the closure period, you are entitled to redeem your complimentary ticket one week before (17 – 23 July) or one week after (7 – 13 August).
- The Kidz Season special, which sees two kids under 18 years of age ride for free when an adult return ticket is bought, will be available before and after the maintenance period – valid on weekends, public holidays and during school holidays until 30 September 2017
For more information call +27 (0) 21 424 8181 0r visit tablemountain.net