Cape Town’s motorists have been advised to avoid specific sections of the CBD and commuters are asked to make use of alternative routes as tax-related protests cause chaos on Cape Town’s roads.
Earlier this week, Mayco Member JP Smith condemned taxi drivers after they staged a protest in the CBD on Tuesday evening. Many believe today’s protests are linked to Tuesday evening’s incidents.
– Christiaan Barnard closed in both directions between Hertzog Blvd and Tennant Street
– Sir Lowry Rd obstructed in both directions between Russel Street and Tennant Street
– Minibus taxi drivers slowing down traffic along N2 outbound at M5
– Nelson Mandela Boulevard in and outbound blocked at Searle Street
– N2 outbound at Raapenberg
– N2 outbound at Bhunga Ave, tyres alight in the left lane
Picture: Supplied/City of Cape town