Travis Scott’s woes are continuing to grow after being slapped with a $2 billion lawsuit following the Astroworld tragedy. More than 200 alleged victims have also filed suit against Drake, Live Nation and NRG Stadium.
This comes after 10 people died and hundreds were injured when a crowd surge erupted during Scott’s performance in Houston earlier this month.
While lawsuits have been pouring in since the tragedy struck, Thomas J. Henry has dropped the biggest bomb, filing a lawsuit on behalf of 280 plaintiffs. According to LadBible, another 120 people have contacted Henry’s law firm to ask for representation for their injuries.
“The Defendants stood to make an exorbitant amount of money of this event, yet they chose to cut corners, cut costs, and put the festival attendees at risk,” reads the suit.
Scott’s lawyer, Edwin F. McPherson said that the rapper didn’t have authority to stop the show. “Only the festival director and executive producers have authority to stop the show, neither of which is part of Travis’s crew,” he said as per TMZ.
Videos are still circulating after the tragedy struck, and the public is distraught after seeing a concertgoer begging for help, while another pleads for the concert to stop.
this hurts to watch… It makes me sick to my stomach. Travis Scott is SICK pic.twitter.com/CgaAPHapBT
— Barb Status (@barb_status) November 6, 2021
Nine-year-old Ezra Blount, who was on life support for days after he was reportedly trampled at Scott’s music festival died from his injuries on Sunday, as an attorney for the family reported.
After falling to the ground, Ezra was “kicked, stepped on, and trampled,” as well as “nearly crushed to death,” by concertgoers, according to the lawsuit his family is placing against Scott.
The death of Ezra brought the total number of those killed during the stampede to 10, ranging from ages 9 to 27.