Uber has partnered with Discovery Health, Clicks and Dis-Chem to bring riders flu shots for one day only in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban and Port Elizabeth.
On Wednesday 18 April 2018, between 10am and 3pm, riders will be able to request UberWELLNESS on their app and will then be met by a nurse who will administer a flu vaccine within minutes.
While the flu shots are be free, a once off charge of R100 will be charged directly to the rider’s Uber account to cover the cost of the visit.
In addition, Discovery Vitality members can also earn 1,000 Vitality points for having their flu vaccine.
How it will work
– Open your Uber app between 10am and 3pm on Wednesday, 18 April.
– Set your ‘pickup’ location.
– Swipe right on your vehicle options to the “UberWELLNESS” option.
– Confirm your ride and if you are successful an accredited nurse will arrive to administer flu vaccinations for up to 5 people.
– You must be 18 years or older to request.
– The accredited nurse can administer up to 5 individual vaccinations at one visit, for a flat rate of R100.
– Available in selected areas of Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth.
According to a study, pregnant women who get flu shots can protect their newborns from contracting the illness.
— UberFacts (@UberFacts) April 7, 2018
Sign up with the code “UBERWELLNESS18” and get R50 off your first trip.
Visit Uber’s blog for more information.