By as soon as 2023, your Uber lift could be coming in from the sky as the international e-hailing service plans to partner with Hyundai to bring users flying taxis.
During the Consumer Electronics Show held in Las Vegas this year, the two companies unveiled their model for a new four-seat, electric vehicle that will fly travellers to their destinations, planned to launch in just a few years.
The companies announced that the first prototype of this futuristic vehicle will be completed by 2023. According to a Hyundai spokesperson, a pilot will be employed to drive the vehicle until software is developed to remotely and autonomously control it.
You can also try any one of these holiday packages and experiences:
- The Royal Livingstone Hotel 5 | From R10 290 per person sharing
- Coin de Mire Attitude Mauritius 3 | From R13 990 per person sharing
- Belmond Eagle Island Lodge, Okavango Delta | From R26 740 per person sharing
- Tarangire Treetops & Zanzibar Combo 5 | From 41 490 per person sharing
- Serengeti, Ngorongoro & Zanzibar Combo 4 | From R43 990 per person sharing