As of 1pm, 10 March, the Western Cape has recorded 2859 active Covid-19 infections, with a total of 276 882 confirmed Covid-19 cases, and 262 704 recoveries. Recoveries are at 94.87 percent.
A total of 19 879 out of the 25 960 vaccines received to date, as part of the Sisonke trial, had been administered by 5pm on 9 March. This indicates that 76.67 percent of vaccines received have been used.
Here is a summary:
- Total confirmed COVID-19 cases: 276 882
- Total recoveries: 262 704
- Vaccines administered: 19 879
- Total deaths: 11 319
- Total active cases (currently infected patients): 2859
- Tests conducted: 136 7633
- Hospitalisations: 1011
- ICU or high care: 211
- The Western Cape has recorded 14 additional deaths, bringing the total number of COVID-19 related deaths in the province to 11 319.
We send our condolences to their loved ones at this time.
Additional data is available on the Western Cape Covid-19 data dashboard which also features active cases per sub-district, active cases per 100 000, and 7-day moving averages.