The Galileo is back with a star-studded summer line-up in the Winelands. Find the full Winelands schedule here:
The Galileo Open Air Cinema has become synonymous with the start of summer in Cape Town.
Its screenings offer unique entertainment for both locals and tourists, as well as an opportunity to take advantage of our beautiful locations and vistas.
This season, The Galileo Open Air Cinema is proudly sponsored by Santam and will showcase a brand new season of cinematic delights. The recipe remains perfected for sunset viewings all throughout Cape Town’s partner venues and into the magnificent Cape Winelands, where there’s bound to be a show popping up near you.
The next few months are jam-packed with over 110 movie screenings showcasing a series of blockbuster hits, from family favourites to heart-warming rom-coms, upbeat comedies, and adored musicals. Galileo promises something for every movie lover!
Set in some of the most picturesque and exclusive settings across the Western Cape, the magnificent wine estates chosen make for all the more reason to arrive early, cuddle up close, and enjoy some estate wines while you tick one of the many must-visit vineyards off the seemingly-never-ending list across Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl, and Franschhoek.
For those who have not yet experienced a Saturday sunset screening, arrive as the gates open at 5pm to take full advantage of the breathtaking mountain vistas, award-winning wines on offer, and the delectable on-site artisanal food market. Get comfy as you find a spot on the manicured lawns—the perfect backdrop for an evening picnic of pre-movie al fresco dining with loved ones.
Bring your own picnic or arrive hungry and enjoy a pre-movie meal prepared by local artisanal food vendors. Delicious pizza, juicy burgers, tasty wraps, popcorn and other yummy snacks are available.
For the first time ever, The Galileo will also be hosting a festive family show in Stellenbosch for Christmas Eve celebrations! It’s fitting that the season concludes with a final screening on April 29, 2023, at the foot of the Helderberg mountains on Lourensford Estate.
More than just a movie experience, The Galileo offers an opportunity to soak up the balmy summer atmosphere and unrivalled surroundings with vibey music, beautiful views, and more! Consider getting your date nights, family weekend activities, birthday bashes, and year-end festivities sorted this summer season.
Season 11 Winelands screenings at The Galileo:
- Saturday 26 November: Me Before You | Laborie Estate
- Saturday 3 December: Music and Lyrics | Knorhoek Wine Farm
- Saturday 10 December: Grease | Plaisir Wine Estate
- Saturday 17 December: Last Christmas | Glenelly Estate
- Saturday 24 December: Home Alone – Special Christmas Show | Stellenbosch Vineyards
- Saturday 7 January: The Notebook | Nederburg Wine Farm
- Saturday 14 January: My Best Friend’s Wedding | Leopard’s Leap Family Vineyards
- Saturday 21 January: He’s Just Not That Into You | L’avenir Estate
- Saturday 28 January: The Proposal | Stellenbosch Vineyards
- Saturday 4 February: Love Actually | Blaauwklippen Wine Estate
- Saturday 11 February: Bohemian Rhapsody | Backsberg Family Wines, Franschhoek
- Tuesday 14 February: Marry Me – Special Valentine’s Show | Nooitgedacht Estate
- Saturday 18 February: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again | Vredenheim, Hudson’s
- Saturday 25 February: The Holiday | Lourensford Wine Estate
- Saturday 4 March: Mamma Mia! | Nederburg Wine Farm
- Saturday 11 March: Wedding Crashers | Neethlingshof Estate
- Saturday 18 March: Pretty Woman | Plaisir Wine Estate
- Saturday 25 March: A Good Year | Glenelly Estate
- Saturday 1 April: Notting Hill | Laborie Estate
- Saturday 8 April: About Time | Stellenbosch Vineyards
- Saturday 15 April: Grease | Rhebokskloof Wine Estate
- Saturday 22 April: The Vow | Waterford Estate
- Saturday 29 April: Mamma Mia! | Lourensford Wine Estate
Tickets start at R129 per person. Doors open at 6pm on weekdays and 5pm on Saturdays, and the movie starts after sunset.
This season, everyone is invited to come for free during their birthday week (except for special shows). Pensioners are also catered for, with special savings to ensure there’s no reason to stay home this summer.
Arrive early, find your spot on the luscious lawns, and enjoy an evening of artisanal food, drinks, games, lively music, and an overall great vibe. To view the full movie schedule and book your seat under the stars, visit thegalileo.co.za.
- Full season schedule: Movie lineup
- Tickets: Buy tickets
- Weekday times: Gates open at 6pm | Movie starts after sunset
- Weekend times: Gates open at 5pm | Movie starts after sunset
- Contact: 071 471 8728 | [email protected]
- Website: thegalileo.co.za
Picture: The Galileo Open Air Cinema / Facebook