The majestic Queen Elizabeth cruised into Cape Town Harbour on Monday and we were lucky enough to enjoy a media tour aboard. She is as beautiful in person as she is in brochures. The 294-metre timeless beauty sets sail on Tuesday afternoon.
Some might even say she brought with her some much needed rainfall for drought-stricken Cape Town – we’ll take every drop thanks.
About Queen Elizabeth:
1. The ship is the namesake of the reigning Queen of England, Queen Elizabeth
2. She is the youngest Cunard Queen, having set sail on her maiden voyage in 2010
3. QE is the second largest ship in fleet – second to Queen Mary 2
4. The ship features 1045 staterooms and 738 balcony staterooms
5. She has the capacity for 2092 guests and has 12 guest decks
6. Facilities onboard include a gym, a spa, a library, a theatre for live shows and a casino – to name a few.
Here’s a picture tour of the ship:
Pictures: Nidha Narrandes