Moonstruck on Pringle Bay is a four-star contemporary bed and breakfast beach house retreat that offers luxury accommodation with panoramic views in a peaceful setting.
While searching for a place to spend a weekend in Pringle Bay, I stumbled upon Moonstruck, and while slightly out of my humble price range, I fell in love and promised to take myself there in the future.
Pringle Bay is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which lies between the Klein and Groot Hangklip mountains. It’s the perfect location to get in touch with nature, whether during a romantic getaway or otherwise.
What makes this guest house so inviting to me is that there are only four bedrooms, each sleeping a maximum of three people.
The beach house operates on a bed and breakfast basis, and what better way to start the day than to admire the panoramic ocean and mountain views while having a bite to eat? There are many nearby restaurants in the village to choose from for lunch and dinner, and a bit of exploring in small coastal towns can reveal some gems.
Activities in the area
- – Whale watching – Southern Rights visit annually between June and November
- – Visit the pristine Harold Porter Botanical Gardens
- – Go searching for the wild horses that roam freely in the wetlands
- – Visit Stony Point to see a colony of African penguins
- – Bird-lover, grab your binoculars and telephoto lens and go bird watching
- – Go hiking in the mountain trails or walking along the cliff paths
- – Buy a permit and explore the UNESCO Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve
- – Go on a wine tasting tour – there are several in the area
- – Play 18 holes – there are golf courses 20–90 minutes drive from Moonstruck
- – Enjoy a pampering spa session in the village or your Moonstruck room
- – Shark cage diving
- – Crayfishing and boating
- – River rafting and kayaking
- – Sandboarding and mountain biking
With all these activities, your days could be jam-packed, and that’s when having a peaceful place to call home for the night is essential. Regardless of your choice of activities, Moonstruck on Pringle Bay is a sublime choice to escape the city, rest and recuperate.
Photography courtesy Moonstruck and Adrian Carter