As part of the BigCity Luxury Travel competition we have running at the moment, we’d like to introduce you to Maison Noir.
Nestled on the magnificent mountains surrounding H0ut Bay, this luxury villa opened its doors in early 2015 and is the ideal retreat for those looking for an intimate getaway in the city, but feels far away from it.
Maison Noir is a serene space, totally private, set amongst magnificent mountain ranges high above Hout Bay. Maison Noir is the luxury to dream. More than a place to stay it is a familiar place where arriving for the first time feels as if you’ve always belonged. Time slows, the sky expands, and the culture of our creative community welcomes you.
The exclusive use villa is privately owned and opened its doors in early 2015. Designed by architect Paolo Deliperi, the Maison is rooted in the concept of the ‘kraal’, a series of small buildings which inspired this modern interpretation. Interconnected by glass passages and allowing for outside- inside living, the villa is integrated into the surrounding natural landscape. Maison Noir is like an intimate, private village, rich with natural light, koi ponds, pools and open air spaces. With four bedrooms, Maison Noir is tastefully designed for privacy and connection to the outdoors.
All bedrooms come with full en-suite bathrooms, three of them include outdoor showers and offer a loft lounge and a private workspace opening onto a terrace. The large Master Bedroom offers amazing views of the Table Mountain range and comes with an additional living area including an open fireplace as well as a spacious bathroom. At Maison Noir, service starts at the moment of booking and continues throughout the
guests’ stay. A dedicated team including a private chef offers full concierge services and attends to the guests’ every need.
Both interior and exterior design details draw on the African, French, Indonesian, and global traditions that have defined Cape Town for centuries. Signifying the four elements, sky, water, fire and earth, the result is a destination where guests at once feel private and secluded as if one is at the ends of the earth while only being moments away from Hout Bay, the legendary city of Cape Town and the renowned Cape Wine region.
Maison Noir is set amongst magnificent mountain ranges high above Hout Bay, only half an hour outside of Cape Town and a mere 45 minutes from Cape Town International Airport. Due to its remote yet easy access location, Maison Noir offers a maximum degree of privacy whilst being close to the vibey city of Cape Town and its attractions.
- Four bedrooms with king-size beds and en-suite bathrooms. Two of the bedrooms have lofts with a twin bed each, where extra persons can be accommodated, increasing the maximum sleeping capacity to 12 guests.
- All bathrooms are stocked with a full line of luxurious Africology products. Robes & slippers are provided as well as sumptuous towels.
- TV – One large flat screen TV in the family room with DSTV. A selection of DVDs are available.
- Air Conditioning /heat in all bedrooms.
- 4 large, effective fireplaces in the dining room, lounge, TV room & Master Bedroom.
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Hot Tub (outdoor jacuzzi)
- Laundry services available for nominal fee.
- Heated outdoor pool
- Barbecue area
- Koi Ponds
- Hairdryers provided in each room
- Secure off-street parking on premises
- Children are welcome, baby cot and high chair available
- Smoking is allowed in dedicated outside areas only
- Wine Cellar
- Private Cinema
AMENITIES AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE RATE
- Morning coffee and tea in the villa’s gallery
- Full breakfast
- Sundowners and Canapés
- Alternating culinary highlights in the afternoon
- Services of a Private Chef
- Full time Estate Manager attending to guests needs
- Daily housekeeping
- Internet (high-speed Wifi throughout the property)
- Airport return transfer from Cape Town International
AVAILABLE AT EXTRA CHARGE
- Lunch, dinner and picnic baskets
- Crayfish/local seafood braai
- Laundry service
- Private Yoga / Pilates classes
- Private driver on request at nominal fee
Four full time housekeepers are on hand to discretely take care of the daily tasks and ensure comfort for the guests. The property has a full time Estate Manager who attends to guests’ needs as well as a Private Chef who, in addition to the included breakfast, can arrange lunches and dinners at an additional charge; Crayfish barbeque’s, functions, cocktail evenings, birthday parties, and weddings are possible at Maison Noir.
EVENTS AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS
Maison Noir can be hired for events and special occasions, such as cocktail evenings, birthday parties and weddings. Rates are seasonal and available on request. Maison Noir is also available for film shoots.
Loads of wonderful restaurants are only within 5 minute drive, from Greek to Thai, Pizza to some of the best Asian in all of Cape Town. Great shops, friendly people, beautiful beaches, amazing hikes and walks and easy access to Cape Town and wine farms.
Full concierge services are provided from the moment of booking. The concierge can arrange restaurant reservations as well as tours & outings of all sorts including beautiful trips to the many wine estates, day safari, adventure tours, Cape Town shopping or night life tours. The possibilities are endless.
What makes Maison Noir special is the integration of indoor-outdoor living in a beautiful natural surrounding paired with warm, welcoming service by the dedicated team on site.
BOOKINGS AND ENQUIRIES
For all enquiries please contact BigCity Luxury Travel Services on 021 422 3595 or email [email protected]