A memorial service is underway in Johannesburg to honour the memory and celebrate the life of Mark Pilgrim.
Also read: Mark Pilgrim, seasoned radio and television host, has passed away
Mark Pilgrim lost his courageous battle against cancer and peacefully passed away at his home with his fiancée Adrienne by his side on Sunday, 5 March 2023.
Video: HOT 102.7 FM has arranged a live stream of the memorial:
Pilgrim broke the news to his followers last year that, after 33 years of his cancer being in remission, he had been re-diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
Despite battling lung cancer, the beloved South African radio personality always kept a smile on his face as he bravely documented his journey on social media to raise awareness while keeping a positive attitude.
Pilgrim’s fans expressed their love for the seasoned media host by posting to social media:
- “RIP Mark, you fought a hard battle that not many have won. I pray that you are at peace and I pray for strength for your family at this very sad time. You will be missed by many.”
- “I’ll miss your wonderful personality on HOT 1027, I enjoyed it when u phoned me for the 1-second challenge. I’m crying as I’m typing this.”
- “Such an honour to have known you, Mark. You’ll forever be missed. A true legend, the best radio presenter ever. Thank you for being such an inspiration to everyone! RIP friend, may your family be comforted.”
- “Your legend of inspiration will live on, may all your loved ones know and feel that God’s grace is just enough for each day, be proud of who you are. I’m grateful to have known you.”
- “R.I.P. Mark. Heaven definitely gained another angel. May God comfort your family.”
- “Time will fly and tears may dry but memories of you, Mark, will never die. Go in peace.”
- “Mark Pilgrim – such an outstanding person. I miss the parties and I miss the coffee and conversations. My condolences to his family and to those that knew him.”
Cape of Good Hope SPCA holds a tribute ceremony for Dr Natheem Jacobs
Picture: Mark Pilgrim / Facebook